The CSJAH nomination is not officially open yet, but it will be soon. People are starting to announce their intention to seek the nomination...but what the heck does that even mean?
Candidates need to be "nominated" (elected) by the members of our Electoral District Association so they can be on the ballot for the Conservatives in the 2019 federal election.
To be eligible to vote at the nomination meeting you must be:
- a resident of the EDA (check your EDA here);
- 14 years of age or older, and
- be a member of the party (sign up here)
The winning candidate must win at least 50% plus 1 of all votes cast in order to win the nomination.
On the date of the nomination you must be there - there is no early voting or absentee ballots for a nomination meeting. This is your chance to shape the political process!
If you don't live in the EDA you can still help out:
- Volunteer: Sign up to help the EDA, or one of the candidate's campaigns
- Like and share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/@csjaheda
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CSJAHEDA
- Donate: Help us defeat Justin Trudeau!
We don't have a date for the meeting yet, but we'll tell you when we know.
Nomination meetings are your chance to impact the political process directly - plan to get involved!
For more information, drop us a note at [email protected]!